At Quick on the Click we build all of our websites using the WordPress framework. We also recommend this framework to our clients who want to build their own website. WordPress is one of the most popular website frameworks that offers simplicity and flexibility for the most novice of website owners. It is widely supported which makes it easier to customise and functionality you would have previously needed a professional to undertake.
Some advantages to using WordPress include:
- The ability to update and maintain your website yourself.
- Not having to employ a web designer to make the changes, this can be costly for even small changes.
- Access to easily add new pages and media.
Take control and lean how to build and maintain your own website by registering your interest in our upcoming workshops.
About the Workshop
Maximum number of attendees: 4
Duration of workshop: 2 days
What you will need to bring:
- Laptop with wireless capability or wireless broadband access
- Registered domain name
- The cPanel control panel
- Creating an email account with cPanel
- Installing WordPress
- Configuring WordPress
- Installing and customising your theme
- Installing Plugins
- Using the media library
- Creating categories, posts and pages
- Adding images, video and audio to your posts
- Securing your website
- Backing up your website